Support “The Shift” At My Friend’s Place
My Friend’s Place is proud to introduce our newest program, The Shift—an intensive employment readiness program that helps homeless youth see a more stable future for themselves and to pursue meaningful steps toward self-sufficiency by building internal assets and work readiness skills in a safe and supported environment.
The Shift, which will serve 30 homeless youth in the program’s first year, provides each participant with 22 weeks of case management, specialized weekly support with an Employment Specialist and more than 150 hours of onsite experiential learning through a supported internship at My Friend’s Place. Unlike more traditional job readiness programs, The Shift provides both job skills training and social emotional learning and development to support the success of homeless youth in seeking and maintaining employment.
There are a number of ways that you can partner with My Friend’s Place to support the success of our youth participating in The Shift:
- Share more about your career with The Shift participants during a lunch at My Friend’s Place
- Provide underwriting support for a young person’s participation in The Shift
- Contribute gifts cards to be used as incentives for program participation
- Host a field trip for The Shift participants at your corporation or business
- Provide TAP cards to support transportation needs for The Shift participants
- Provide underwriting support for stipends for The Shift participants
- Provide Target gift cards for participants to purchase work-appropriate clothing
- Support the graduation celebration for The Shift participants
If you’re interested in learning more about how you can support The Shift, please contact Susan Zeren Dutra, Director of Development, at (323) 908-0011 ext. 110 or email@example.com