Our Service Model
In collaboration with the leading social service providers and educational institutions in the region and over 400 volunteers, we offer a free and comprehensive continuum of care that combines emergency necessities with therapeutic, health and education services through three program areas:
What makes My Friend’s Place unique?
- We are not government or religiously affiliated.
- We are 99% privately funded.
- We serve nearly half of the homeless youth population in Los Angeles County.
- Low barrier service structure: We minimize the psychological, physical, and social barriers that typically deter youth from seeking and accepting assistance from a social service agency.
- Harm reduction approach: We provide education and support and equip youth to reduce the harmful effects associated with high risk street survival behavior.