Emerging Leaders Council
The Emerging Leaders Council (ELC) of My Friend’s Place is a passionate group of young professionals and community members dedicated to advancing the mission of My Friend’s Place to assist and inspire homeless youth to build self-sufficient lives. The ELC supports My Friend’s Place through unique volunteer opportunities, fundraising and exciting social events, while playing a vital role in furthering the conversation about ending youth homelessness.
Emerging Leaders Council membership benefits include:
- Free admission to exclusive ELC networking and social events
- Opportunities to network with other socially conscious young professionals in the community
- Invitations to participate in monthly ELC volunteer and service opportunities
- Discounted admission to My Friend’s Place events
- Opportunities to play a leadership role in ELC events and projects
Your annual contribution of $120—just $10 a month—will have significant impact for the homeless youth at My Friend’s Place. Your contribution supports services such as:
- One month’s worth of food for a homeless young person
- Diapers and formula for a new mother
- School supplies for five youth experiencing homelessness
Membership is open to exceptional community members who support the mission of My Friend’s Place to serve homeless youth, and commit to a monthly contribution of $10 or more. Upcoming ELC events for 2017 include:
- “Spring Fling” Planning Committee Meeting: February 9, 7 p.m.
- Community Service Evening: February 22, 6-8 p.m.
- ELC Wine & Dine at Tabula Rasa: March 8, 6-9 p.m.
- ELC Spring Meeting: March 14, 7 p.m.
- Community Service Evening: March 29, 6-8 p.m.
- ELC Presents Legendary Bingo: April 12, 7 p.m.
Ready to join this dynamic new group of young professionals helping My Friend’s Place end youth homelessness?
Have questions? Please e-mail Jeff Katz, Development & Communications Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org, call (323) 908-0011 x 101 for more information. And be sure to visit and “Like” our Facebook page for the latest information on the Emerging Leaders Council!